海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 我的哲学家朋友的圣诞新年祝福!
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 我的哲学家朋友的圣诞新年祝福!   
海内存知己
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归中校

头衔: 海归中校

性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2006/01/22
文章: 209
来自: china,canada
海归分: 37377

文章标题: 我的哲学家朋友的圣诞新年祝福! (1235 reads)      时间: 2006-12-26 周二, 01:16   

作者:海内存知己海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Hail All and Sundry (especially Sundry),

To celebrate the season I have attached some pictures of global cooling for you all to enjoy. Yes, even the Big Apple gets cold this time of year. Of course all the shops heat up (the cash registers mainly), as well as the bars (the customers mainly). But that, as the taxi drivers say (though I've never heard them say it), is progress.

Not much to report really. The brave new 21st. century continues to march or sway or run or dawdle or skip or slouch or dance its way onwards--depending on your point of view, or the state of your soul, or the fire in your heart, or the musings in your mind. I've run through the lot of them, by the way (philosophers have a lot of time to do what other people call nothing but which philosophers call hard theorizing), and find myself agreeing with the incomparable preacher (or Qoheleth for you language freaks) that there is nothing new under the sun (even global warming has happened before) and that all is vanity and a striving after wind (in the media mainly). And speaking of Qoheleth, I have this year heeded his warning that of making many books there is no end, since I haven't written any books (I'm waiting for next year). However, I have learnt, if not heeded, his other warning that much study is a weariness of the flesh. It's always fun at the end of the day, or the middle or the beginning, to sit down with a good book about metaphysics or hermeneutics or hieroglyphics or comics and fall asleep.

But 'tis the season to be jolly, as someone's poem has it, so here's to you all for a jollifying Holiday, a rollicking New Year's Eve, and an absolutely spiffing New Year. Can't say better than that--save to add a final word from Qoheleth: Hear the end of the whole matter. Fear God and keep the commandments. That is, love your neighbor (or your neighbour) who, for all his annoying habits, is still an image of the divine. Amor vincit omnia.

也祝各位圣诞\新年快乐万事如意!

作者:海内存知己海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
祝朋友们圣诞新年平安快乐! 生活风情 2013-12-24 周二, 04:37
【圣诞新年心情】祝朋友们圣诞新年平安快乐! 高山流水 2013-12-24 周二, 04:33
【圣诞新年Party】彩虹【为你打开的雨伞】 祝高山各位朋友们圣诞新年愉快... 高山流水 2012-12-25 周二, 10:26
【温馨圣诞】xl彩虹送上【山茶花】祝朋友们圣诞和新年快乐!! 流行歌曲 2011-12-25 周日, 00:35
【温馨圣诞】京歌【梅兰芳】渔舟祝朋友们圣诞新年快乐!!! 高山流水 2011-12-23 周五, 23:03
飞红【不是因为寂寞才想你】祝海归的朋友们圣诞快乐! 高山流水 2011-12-23 周五, 08:50
祝海归网的朋友们圣诞快乐 生活风情 2010-12-26 周日, 04:08
[音乐]吐血上歌,欢迎新同学老朋友们:《草原上升起不落的太阳》 高山流水 2011-7-31 周日, 21:30

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 海内存知己离线  发送站内短信 雅虎讯息通
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.