海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 大家帮我分析一下,回不回?
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 大家帮我分析一下,回不回?   
ITManager
[博客]
[个人文集]

游客

文章标题: 大家帮我分析一下,回不回? (4819 reads)      时间: 2004-6-29 周二, 21:41      

作者:游客海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Like many people, I am also considering going back to China. However, it's a really tough decision. I have been thinking and talking about it in the past few months. However, I still have not made up my mind yet. So I decided to share my situation with the rest of group. Hopefully, I can get some suggestions and comments from all of you that will help me to make a decision one way or the other. Thank you for all your input in advance.

Following are some information about my personal situation:

My family:
I am a happily married man with two small lovely kids. My wife has her own profession with a stable job and decent pay. At this point, my family will not be able to go with me because of my wife's career. I treasure my family and kids more than any thing else.

My technical background and career in US:
I grduated from one of the best university in China with BS & MS, a decent University in US with PHD. Since I finished school, I have worked in US for about 10 years. Like most Chinese folks, I have solid technical expertise. I am currently at a IT management position doing about 50% management and 50% technical job. The compensation here is about $130K-140K/year (salary + bonus). If I stay in US, I probably can move one level or two on the corporate ladder in next few years. The compensation probably will change accordingly but not significantly. Deep in my heart, I still feel like that I have some unfilled dreams with my life and career.

The Opportunities in China:
A few months ago, I was offered an opportunity in China by a large US company. The position is at the same level as my current position in US. The compensation is about 500K RMD/year + some fringe benefits. The opportunity was not very attractive. But I thought about taking it as a springboard to some better opportunities. However, my wife was strongly against that idea because she did not think that opportunity was good enough for me to go back. She also had concerns most wives will have if their husbands are in China alone. Smile As a result, I rejected this opportunity.

Recently, I got another opportunity in China. One of my close friends started a company in China. He invited me to be the CTO and promised me 25% share of the company. The company is still at the start-up stage. As a result, it won't be able to pay me any where close to what I am making here. However, if the company should succeed, there will be a great return. I am thinking to invest one year of my time and see what happens. My wife is somewhat supportive for me take this opportunity. But I still have not made up my mind yet.

I would really appreciate if you could comments or suggestions especially from those went through similar situations.

Thanks.

ITManager2

作者:游客海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
哪位大侠分析一下,是谁干的? 海归主坛 2012-9-19 周三, 20:26
美国移民 凤凰商贸城 EB5项目商业及绿卡分析--绿卡,本金 海归商务 2012-8-12 周日, 15:28
[分享]美国移民 凤凰商贸城 EB5项目商业及绿卡分析--绿卡,本金 海归茶馆 2012-8-12 周日, 13:28
[原创]对一种新型传销模式的分析之一,如何吸引人? 海归商务 2012-6-23 周六, 20:24
[原创]中财尚超的《韩寒三重门版本分析》证明了什么? 海归商务 2012-3-16 周五, 11:24
TOP1公司业务分析职位,直接汇报给北美VP,海归优先 海归职场 2011-6-08 周三, 15:32
各位同学分析一下,我应该怎样处理8分钱的账单 海归风情 2006-11-09 周四, 03:14
行业分析报告,低价出售 海归论坛 2006-8-16 周三, 16:33

返回顶端
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.