海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [转帖]为什么亚裔在西方受欺负和歧视?(一个50岁小中的看法)
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [转帖]为什么亚裔在西方受欺负和歧视?(一个50岁小中的看法)   
ferncrest
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归少将

头衔: 海归少将
声望: 教授
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2005/09/14
文章: 6484
来自: 地球
海归分: 293622

文章标题: [转帖]为什么亚裔在西方受欺负和歧视?(一个50岁小中的看法) (1916 reads)      时间: 2012-3-06 周二, 22:08   

作者:ferncrest海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

。。。。。。

But I am almost 50 years old now. I have seen a lot. If you were my sons, I would say “Be yourselves. Don’t believe a lot of the stuff the Chinese world cocoons you in. Take the good, reject the bad. The Manchus screwed up China because they would not learn from the so-called savage Westerners. Even the great Zheng He was ridiculed and imprisoned. If you don’t know who he is, shame on you. He was one of the greatest Chinese who ever lived. Get out there! ”

。。。。。。because essentially I want Chinese young men to not put up with the same crap that I have had to and to give us a good name and make it easier for the next generation of Chinese to be respected in the Western world that we live in. Don’t be afraid to be confrontational. Don’t be afraid to say no. Be honest – Like Bruce Lee said “Honestly express yourself”.

The other day, I met an English woman. You know what she said? “Chinese are so timid. When I was with my husband I told him that the car in front was driven by a Chinese. He said “How do you know that?” It was because as we approached the car (presumably on in the inside lane on her left) it would pull to one side.” Listen if this old lady knew we were timid, and she knows hardly anything about the Chinese, that is the impression that others have of us and they will continue to bully us and take advantage of us, until we collectively become more assertive. I hear so many stories of young Chinese men who could not stand up for themselves in the workplace. It’s not because we have a persecution complex. We have standards enforced upon us by our parents that helped us (work ethic, respect for others etc) but that screwed us up and caused us to FAIL in our interaction with others who do not share our cultural values.

I am passionate about these issues and I am making a tit of myself because you will one day remember there was this weird old dude from UK who told me to ratchet it up a bit.

Go on take the piss out of me, but remember what I told you. You are a Chinese.

-------

“Yeah fellas, do as you’ve been programmed.

Obediently do the following: 1/ paper chasing/degree 2/ job/career 3/ car/house.
After all that, as your parents led you to believe, maybe 72 vestigial virgins will magically fall into your lap, from which you choose one to marry happily ever after.”

That alone made it worth coming back to this page.

I am ashamed to admit it, but I have only recently come to this realisation (which is why I mentioned it above). Chinese are so formulaic. We always want predictability, assured results. My son must study hard, go to University, get a degree in Law, Medicine or accountancy. (Oh there are other degrees? I did not know that) Then qualify, then get a good job with PWC or whoever. Then meet a nice Chinese girl. Then get married and bear me grandchildren BALLS TO THAT!

(Meanwhile, whilst we are doing all this stuff and expect this prize to come, guys who didn’t do the formula but got a manual job are earning reasonable amounts (well if they are lucky enough to get a job) and they have married a sexy girl and had kids before you even bought the A4 pad for the new academic term.)

Surely all that predictability and safety kills the human spirit’s desire for exploration and intellectual growth. Zheng He was a genius and they locked him up!!!!

In Singapore in the 70′s they preached “two is enough”. Now the government is alarmed by the fall in Chinese birth rates. (They started the economic conditions in which Singaporeans live – massive flat prices etc – how can anyone afford a new flat to accommodate the new baby?) . They went OTT with academic study study study and suddenly realise that the kids are robots and they need to import white guys. Life is a great teacher, playing team games is a teacher, playing in mud is a teacher, living in the wild is a teacher, Not flipping computers and bookwork!

Now Lee Kuan Yew realises that his emphasis on academic excellence is not the be all and end all and he tells a PhD student for not getting married and having kids!

We can’t keep getting controlled by parent type figures with their arbitrary designs. We have to find our own way.

作者:ferncrest海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[转帖] 犹太人为什么老被欧洲各国歧视的宗教起因 海归茶馆 2009-1-22 周四, 02:40
没事找事系列:纽约时报:常春藤对亚裔的潜规则(转帖) 海归商务 2012-12-28 周五, 08:36
[转帖]华尔街女分析员:亚裔男人床上是“垃圾”? 海归酒吧 2011-3-16 周三, 12:32
[转帖]亚裔饮酒脸红, 可能诱发食道癌 海归商务 2010-12-30 周四, 07:49
[转帖]加拿大寄宿亚裔小留学生易嗑药酗酒 女生多遭性侵 海归主坛 2010-7-23 周五, 11:04
美国新闻:【照片】美国“50杰出亚裔企业家”九度颁奖 华裔占1/3(转帖) 海归主坛 2010-6-15 周二, 22:54
美国新闻:美国“50杰出亚裔企业家”在纽约颁奖(转帖) 海归主坛 2010-6-15 周二, 22:35
没事找事系列: 美百佳高中引质疑 被斥为拉近成绩差距打压亚裔(转帖) 海归茶馆 2009-12-21 周一, 16:45

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 ferncrest离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.