海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 【Guariglia-Chen】西方人都对“睡衣时尚”充满了欣赏甚至嫉妒,也向往PJs【Planet-Shanghai】
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 【Guariglia-Chen】西方人都对“睡衣时尚”充满了欣赏甚至嫉妒,也向往PJs【Planet-Shanghai】   
The Fifth Season
[博客]

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 博导

加入时间: 2008/09/12
文章: 4241

海归分: 567427

文章标题: 【Guariglia-Chen】西方人都对“睡衣时尚”充满了欣赏甚至嫉妒,也向往PJs【Planet-Shanghai】 (2780 reads)      时间: 2009-11-15 周日, 01:25   

作者:The Fifth Season海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

"How did the people in the neighborhood react when you started photographing them in their PJs? Everyone seems pretty happy to pose for you."

"Last weekend, the New Yorker published a great review of Planet Shanghai, a wonderful new photography book just released on our Art & Design list. "

在亚洲居住了12年,曾经为《国家地理》和《Smithsonian》等杂志供稿的美国摄影师Justin Guariglia,用自己的相机抓住了这独一无二的“睡衣情节”。居民们自豪地穿着睡衣出门去购买食品杂货,在音像店挑选DVD,遛狗,或者就是躺在躺椅上乘凉。这些穿着睡衣的人,在镜头中自在又真实,似乎已经接管了整个世界。

Justin 是“睡衣派”的忠实拥趸,认为这种时尚的表现相当迷人和优雅。他提着相机行走于上海星罗棋布的弄堂里,像个朋友一样与街头的人们交谈,之后再请求他们拍摄,他在华盛顿邮报的采访中说,“也许这些人对我就像我对他们一样的好奇,事实上我是高加索人,然后说中文,这些激起了他们的好奇心,拍摄只是一个相互审视的过程。”

其实,在坦率的市井风情和盛会期间人为制造的景观之间,也许很多人都会选择那一丝的人间烟火气。

确实,为什么不呢?这就是上海。 (文·翁倩)

Justin Guariglia

1996年,作为《国家地理》的摄影师,我来到北京工作和生活。此后的12年,不停地行进在对亚洲的观察和拍摄之中。

上海是个令人惊喜的城市,越拍摄,就越会发现,眼前是一群时尚而优雅的人,而我自己也几乎变成了时尚和睡衣文化的专家。

我深深地热爱着这个国家,然而令人伤心的是,中国的人文特征正在缓慢而无法逆转地消失。画面中这些上海人所展示出来的惊人个性,正是中国越来越稀缺的自己的脸谱。每一个西方人都对“睡衣时尚”充满了欣赏甚至嫉妒,我们也向往能像上海人一样穿着睡衣度过一天。

我一直努力让西方不仅仅只记得中国的工厂和污染,所以我会出《Planet Shanghai》这本书,希望能够将我所看到的,与全世界一起分享!

https://www.guariglia-chen.com/#/planet-shanghai/

------------------

Last weekend, the New Yorker published a great review of Planet Shanghai, a wonderful new photography book just released on our Art & Design list. The timing couldn’t have been better. Not a week before, we had asked author Justin Guariglia to share some of his thoughts about the book with our readers, and give us some insight on the unique sartorial habits of the Shanghainese. Seems like everyone is catching on to the pajama craze!

What first drew you to Shanghai? What do you find most compelling about the city?
I first visited Shanghai while a student in Beijing in the mid-nineties and returned many times to photograph the city. It’s quickly becoming the most important city in all of Asia, and I love the pajama culture! Who would have thought people wearing pajamas could take over the world?

What inspired you to create a book of your photographs?
To save a slice of real Shanghai for posterity.

You mention in the introduction to the book that this slice of Shanghai back-alley culture is disappearing. Has it changed in the time that you’ve been working there?
Immensely - developers are taking over the city center and developing it beyond recognition, and the culture is going out with it.

China seems to be at the forefront of people’s consciousness right now with the upcoming Olympics, the recent uprising in Tibet, and of course the environmental issues tied to the massive development of the country. Was this on your mind as you worked on the book? Does your work speak to any of the larger issues at play?
There’s a pretty serious commentary underlying the light playful images of people in their pajamas in the streets, and in McDonalds, etc. In an increasingly sterile world where public relations firms and tourism boards sugar coat and carefully select themes and images to promote a destination—5 star hotels, modernity, spas, and nightlife—Planet Shanghai attempts to show people the real Shanghai which the tourism board might not necessarily approve of. For me, a city is summed up in its people, full stop.

In the book, you seem to fixate on very specific aspects of the culture (shoes, typography, dogs, etc.) Can you talk a little about your choice of subject matter?
The clicking of the shutter comes from the subconscious—the chapter titles came later after we did the edit and saw trends forming among the select images.

How did the people in the neighborhood react when you started photographing them in their PJs? Everyone seems pretty happy to pose for you.
Well, when I started most people ran from me! Did you ever see the scene in the film Kung Fu Hustle where the landlord is running down the street in her pajamas and curlers—it was pretty close to that! So I adapted, and began to talk with people on the streets and then ask to photograph them. They were just as curious about me as I was about them, and the fact that I’m Caucasian and speak Chinese only helped to make them more curious.

So, really, what’s up with the pajamas?
They are comfortable—I recommend everyone own a pair or two!
Guinevere Harrison

Planet Shanghai
By Justin Guariglia
Foreword by John Krich

6-1/2 x 8-4/5 in; 240 pp ; 177 color photographs
Hardcover
Published in April, 2008
ISBN 081186345X
ISBN13 9780811863452

$24.95

$nbsp;

Planet Shanghai -- Shanghai—the legendary Pearl of the East, architectural powerhouse, and home to the World Expo 2010—continues to fascinate people from around the globe. Photographer Justin Guariglia, whose work has appeared in National Geographic Traveler and Smithsonian magazines, frequently trains his lens on the old town and waterfront which have retained their cultural character amid mega-booming development. Shanghai's open-air lifestyle, bustling markets, and curious fashion sense are all seen here, granting us a multifaceted and intimate portrait of day-to-day life in one of the great cities of the world. And with the forthcoming Olympic Games drawing ever more attention to China, there has never been a better time to discover the astonishing city that is Shanghai.

Award-winning photographer Justin Guariglia's work has appeared in National Geographic Traveler and Smithsonian. He lives in New York.

Bangkok-based author John Krich has written numerous books and articles for leading travel publications.

作者:The Fifth Season海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
【物欲帖,不喜慎入】嫉妒,羡慕,与敬佩 海归茶馆 2007-6-21 周四, 23:06
【爱尔兰纪行】(1)都柏林的一天 生活风情 2016-12-17 周六, 09:08
[分享]上海延安西路 【朋友转来的邮件, 作者不知何许人】 海归茶馆 2016-5-03 周二, 12:31
【波儿的波】忽而夏天-话说每一个女人心中都驻着一个梦露【多图】 生活风情 2015-11-19 周四, 19:36
【波儿的波】关于生活-阴差阳错颠三倒四中西情人节【多图】 生活风情 2014-2-21 周五, 19:29
【社招】【西门子中国】C++ Lead Engineer----北京 海归招聘 2013-9-05 周四, 09:49
【匪夷所思的事】都说加州的消防员是真正的高富帅,不但有强健体魄,年薪也高过... 海归主坛 2013-1-18 周五, 14:02
【老沙射影】性欲与都市---人类耻感的起源---《羞耻》(Shame)观后 海归茶馆 2012-12-16 周日, 04:44

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 The Fifth Season离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.